RESTAURANT
OF THE FUTURE

Urban Agriculture
& Eco-Friendly Practices

HAOMA features 200 meters of vertical farming supported by solid waste recycling and composting, with an innovative approach to sustainability. We use only Ecolab biofriendly detergents and dishwashing chemicals to ensure no harm to the environment.

Organic Farming

During the pandemic, we started a farm in Bangkok’s Minburi area, only 23 kilometers away from HAOMA where we are currently raising over 750 chickens, 12 goats, and 4 cows. 100% of the production is intended to be used in our ever-evolving menus at HAOMA.

Responsible Sourcing
from Artisanal Producers

Our wine list is based on small farmers and growers who practice organic and biodynamic viticulture. Our beverage program includes wild tea and local coffee sourced from Thai boutique small farmers. Everything we do not grow is sourced only from small ethical farmers from across the country that have been personally identified by our chefs.

#NoOneHungry Initiative

During the pandemic, HAOMA served over 300,000 meals to the homeless as part of our responsible gastronomy. We also created an entire program to train Burmese migrants and refugees in cooking skills, thereby helping them find employment. We were recognized as a cover story on The New York Times for the campaign.

ZERO WASTE DINING

Aquaponics
& Water conservation

Haoma uses aquaponics as a sustainable farming method that combines aquaculture and hydroponics in a closed-loop system.

We grow 40 different herbs , plants and fruiting vegetables in our aquaponic system on premise of the restaurant that is being used on the menu on daily basis. We also grow fish in this water on-premise to be used in our menus.

We conserve over 150,000 liters of rain water all year which we use for our aquaponics farm and recycling using nordaq water systems for guest to consume as still and sparkling water. We achieve zero carbon footprint for serving water.

Waste Recycling
& Composting

We compost 70% of our organic waste to nourish the soil via composting for growing produce and use the remaining 30% to convert into fish food to be fed to our fish.

en_USEnglish